SB 368: Financial Emergencies
GENERAL BILL by Gaetz
Financial Emergencies; Requiring the Auditor General to notify each member of the governing body of a local governmental entity, district school board, charter school, or charter technical career center of certain fund balance deficits; authorizing the Governor or Commissioner of Education to require a local governmental entity or district school board to include provisions implementing the consolidation, sourcing, or discontinuance of all administrative direction and support services in certain plans; providing that the members of the governing body of a local governmental entity or the members of a district school board who fail to resolve a state of financial emergency are subject to suspension or removal from office, etc.
- Community Affairs (CA)
• Referred to Community Affairs -SJ 35
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 11/14/11, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 111
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 111
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/10/12
• Introduced -SJ 35
• Read 2nd time -SJ 11
• Amendment(s) adopted (493442) -SJ 12
• Read 3rd time -SJ 12
• Passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 12
• Immediately certified -SJ 12
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1100
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/12
• Received -HJ 1100
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1115
• Substituted for HB 7031 -HJ 1115
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1154
• Passed; YEAS 81 NAYS 35 -HJ 1154
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 958
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-38
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.