HB 7031: Financial Emergencies
GENERAL BILL by Economic Affairs Committee ; Hukill
Financial Emergencies; Requires Auditor General to notify local governmental entity, district school board, charter school, or charter technical career center of certain fund balance deficits; removes condition under which such entities are subject to certain review & oversight; authorizes financial emergency board to consult with entities for consolidation of certain services; authorizes Governor or Commissioner of Education to require certain plan provisions; provides that members of local governmental entities or district school boards are subject to suspension or removal from office for failure to resolve financial emergencies.
Last Action: 3/6/2012 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 368 (Ch. 2012-38) -HJ 1115
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Finance and Tax Committee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 160
• Introduced -HJ 160
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Committee, 01/26/12, 2:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Finance and Tax Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 8 -HJ 301
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 301
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/01/12, 8:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 9 NAYS 6 -HJ 324
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 324
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/12
• Substituted SB 368
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 368 (Ch. 2012-38) -HJ 1115
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.