CS/HB 45: Postsecondary Education Course Registration for Veterans
GENERAL BILL by K-20 Innovation Subcommittee ; Smith ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell ; Corcoran ; Costello ; Dorworth ; Grant ; Metz ; Rooney ; Stargel ; Tobia
Postsecondary Education Course Registration for Veterans; Requires certain Florida College System institutions & state universities to provide priority course registration for veterans; provides eligibility requirements; encourages certain independent postsecondary educational institutions to provide priority course registration for veterans.
Last Action: 4/29/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-162, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 922 (Ch. 2012-159)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to K-20 Innovation Subcommittee; Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 11
• On Committee agenda-- K-20 Innovation Subcommittee, 12/06/11, 4:30 pm, 404 HOB
• CS by K-20 Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 178
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee -HJ 169
• On Committee agenda-- Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee, 01/11/12, 11:30 am, Webster Hall
• Introduced -HJ 11
• CS by K-20 Innovation Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 161
• Favorable by Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 227
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 227
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 02/07/12, 1:30 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 549
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 549
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/22/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 732
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 788
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 788
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 812
• Referred to Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Higher Education; Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations; Budget -SJ 812
• Withdrawn from Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Higher Education; Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations; Budget -SJ 964
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 964
• Substituted for SB 94 -SJ 965
• Read 2nd time -SJ 965
• Read 3rd time -SJ 965
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 965
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1243
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-162, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 922 (Ch. 2012-159)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.