CS/CS/HB 977: Military Support
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations Committee ; Economic Affairs Committee ; Nelson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Corcoran ; Hukill ; Smith ; Steube ; Williams, T. ; Young
Military Support; Revises definition of "exceptional meritorious service" with respect to Governor's Medal of Merit; authorizes Florida Defense Support Task Force to recommend to Legislature specified changes in military installations & local governments under Community Planning Act; clarifies & revises procedures related to exchange of information between military installations & local governments; authorizes servicemembers who receive homestead exemption & who are deployed in certain military operations to receive additional ad valorem tax exemption; provides deadline for claiming tax exemptions for qualifying deployments during 2011 calendar year; provides procedures & requirements for filing applications & petitions to receive tax exemption after expiration of deadline; provides application; creates Florida Veterans' Hall of Fame Council; provides for membership & terms of appointment; revises legislative intent with respect to proposed closure or reuse of military bases; creates Military Base Protection Program within DEO; provides for use of program funds; revises provisions relating to award of grants for retention of military installations; eliminates Florida Economic Reinvestment Initiative; establishes Florida Defense Reinvestment Grant Program to be administered by DEO; etc.
Last Action: 3/6/2012 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 922 (Ch. 2012-159), CS/HB 45 (Ch. 2012-162), CS/CS/CS/HB 599 (Ch. 2012-174), CS/CS/HB 1223 (Ch. 2012-181), CS/HB 7039 (Ch. 2012-228), CS/HB 7041 (Ch. 2012-96), HB 7075 (Ch. 2012-98), CS/HB 7081 (Ch. 2012-99), CS/HB 7097 (Ch. 2012-193), SB 276 (Ch. 2012-199) -HJ 1118
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Economic Affairs Committee; Judiciary Committee; Education Committee; State Affairs Committee; Appropriations Committee -HJ 96
• Introduced -HJ 95
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 02/08/12, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS by Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 632
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Economic Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 627
• Original reference(s) removed: Judiciary Committee; Education Committee; State Affairs Committee
• CS referred to Appropriations Committee
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 682
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/21/12, 3:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 23 NAYS 0 -HJ 815
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Appropriations Committee read 1st time -HJ 800
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 833
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/12
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 922
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 922 (Ch. 2012-159), CS/HB 45 (Ch. 2012-162), CS/CS/CS/HB 599 (Ch. 2012-174), CS/CS/HB 1223 (Ch. 2012-181), CS/HB 7039 (Ch. 2012-228), CS/HB 7041 (Ch. 2012-96), HB 7075 (Ch. 2012-98), CS/HB 7081 (Ch. 2012-99), CS/HB 7097 (Ch. 2012-193), SB 276 (Ch. 2012-199) -HJ 1118
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.