HB 5505: Department of Financial Services
GENERAL BILL by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee ; Hooper
Department of Financial Services; Redefines "employee" for purposes of workers' compensation; revises requirements for submitting notice of election of exemption; repeals provisions relating to duty of DFS to make annual report on administration of ch. 440, F.S., Workers' Compensation Law, to specified officials; revises amount that lender may impose as delinquency charge; deletes provision that provides for deposit of funds collected from money services business licensees; requires examination fees to be paid directly to OFR; provides for establishment of Florida Insurance Premium Tax Prepayment Program, to be administered by SBA, to help fund Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund.
Last Action: 5/9/2013 House - Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 257
• Referred to Appropriations Committee -HJ 297
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/01/12, 11:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 23 NAYS 0 -HJ 457
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 457
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/08/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 534
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 560
• Passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 560
• Requests that the Senate pass the bill as passed by the House or agree to conference -HJ 566
• In Messages
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/12 --Not Received
• Received -SJ 549
• Referred to Budget -SJ 549
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 666
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/12 -SJ 666
• Read 2nd time -SJ 670
• Amendment(s) adopted (737066) -SJ 670
• Read 3rd time -SJ 670
• Passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 670
• The Senate having refused to pass the bill as passed by the House, acceded to the request for a conference -SJ 670
• Immediately certified -SJ 670
• In returning messages
• Conference Committee appointed: Representatives Hooper (Chair), Berman, Gibbons, Mayfield, Nelson, Patronis, Watson, Weinstein -HJ 899
• Conference Committee appointed: Budget Conference Committee on Budget/Appropriations: Alexander (Chair), Negron (Vice Chair), Bennett (At Large), Gaetz (At Large), Gardiner (At Large), Joyner (At Large), Rich (At Large), Thrasher (At Large); Budget Conference Committee on Criminal and Civil Justice/Justice: Bogdanoff (Chair), Evers, Smith, Storms; Budget Conference Committee on Education Pre-K - 12/PreK-12: Simmons (Chair), Detert, Gardiner, Montford, Ring; Budget Conference Committee on Finance and Tax: Norman (Chair), Alexander, Gaetz, Siplin; Budget Conference Committee on General Government/Government Operations: Hays (Chair), Braynon, Bullard, Diaz de la Portilla, Dockery, Jones, Thrasher; Budget Conference Committee on Health and Human Services/Health Care: Negron (Chair), Fasano, Flores, Garcia, Oelrich, Rich, Richter, Sobel; Budget Conference Committee on Higher Education/Higher Education: Lynn (Chair), Altman, Sachs, Siplin, Wise; Budget Conference Committee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development/Transportation and Economic Development: Benacquisto (Chair), Bennett, Dean, Gibson, Latvala, Margolis -SJ 704
• Conference Committee Report considered -HJ 1419
• Conference Committee Report adopted (473923) -HJ 1423
• Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 82 NAYS 34 -HJ 1423
• In returning messages
• Conference Committee Report received -SJ 1370
• Conference Committee Report adopted (473923) -SJ 1371
• Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 36 NAYS 3 -SJ 1374
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1717
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Vetoed by Governor, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 941 (Ch. 2012-213), HB 5001 (Ch. 2012-118), SB 140 (Ch. 2012-34)
• Veto Message received -HJ 9
• Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.