CS/CS/SB 582: Neighborhood Improvement Districts
GENERAL BILL by Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax ; Community Affairs ; Simmons ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Smith
Neighborhood Improvement Districts; Renaming the “Safe Neighborhoods Act” as the “Neighborhoods Improvement Act”; requiring each neighborhood improvement district authorized under law to notify the Department of Economic Opportunity of its existence rather than to register with the Department of Community Affairs and the Department of Legal Affairs; revising provisions authorizing a local governing body to create a local government neighborhood improvement district; specifying that the ordinance may authorize the improvement district to borrow money, contract loans, and issue bonds; repealing provisions relating to the effect and construction of existing laws relating to neighborhood improvement districts, state redevelopment programs, and cooperation and involvement of community organizations in the creation of safe neighborhood improvement districts, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 House - Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7041 (Ch. 2012-96)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax (BFT)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Budget -SJ 50
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 12/05/11, 12:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 112
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 112
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 109
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax
• Introduced -SJ 50
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 105
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, 01/24/12, 1:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 280
• Now in Budget -SJ 280
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax read 1st time -SJ 284
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/21/12, 3:45 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -SJ 671
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 671
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/01/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 732
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 769
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 770
• In Messages
• Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7041 (Ch. 2012-96)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.