CS/HB 7041: Governmental Reorganization
GENERAL BILL by Economic Affairs Committee ; Nehr
Governmental Reorganization; Establishes Division of Information Technology within DEO; establishes additional duties of department with respect to processing of state development approvals or permits; corrects references to agency names & divisions & corrects cross-references to conform to governmental reorganization resulting from enactment of ch. 2011-142, L.O.F.; makes technical & grammatical changes; deletes provisions that encourage local governments to adopt countywide marina siting plans & use uniform criteria & standards for marina siting; corrects reference to number of members of Acquisition & Restoration Council; authorizes EFI to contract with Visit Florida for management & operation of welcome centers; revises membership of EFI's board of directors & limits requirement that board members be confirmed by Senate to those members who are appointed by Governor; replaces obsolete reference to former OTTED; corrects number of grant programs relating to Florida Economic Reinvestment Initiative; revises membership of board of directors of Space Florida; provides for designation of chair of board of directors; deletes provisions establishing Space Florida advisory council; repeals provisions relating to powers & duties of Secretary of Community Affairs & functions of DCA with respect to federal grant-in-aid programs; repeals provisions relating to designation of enterprise zones in communities suffering adverse impacts from adoption of constitutional amendment limiting use of nets to harvest marine species.
Last Action: 4/8/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-96, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7027 (Ch. 2012-30), HB 7075 (Ch. 2012-98), CS/HB 7081 (Ch. 2012-99)
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 230
• Referred to Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 247
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 02/08/12, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 573
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 571
• CS by Economic Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 570
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/14/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 595
• Amendment(s) adopted (153087) -HJ 595
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 615
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 615
• In Messages
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations; Budget -SJ 764
• Received -SJ 764
• Withdrawn from Commerce and Tourism; Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations; Budget -SJ 789
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 789
• Substituted for CS/SB 1204 -SJ 789
• Read 2nd time -SJ 789
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 876
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 876
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1147
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-96, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7027 (Ch. 2012-30), HB 7075 (Ch. 2012-98), CS/HB 7081 (Ch. 2012-99)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.