CS/CS/HB 7117: Energy
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Finance and Tax Committee ; Energy and Utilities Subcommittee ; Plakon ; Mayfield ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Abruzzo ; Campbell ; Clemens ; Fullwood ; Gibbons ; Kiar ; Williams, T. ; Young
Energy; Adds factors for PSC to consider in reviewing 10-year site plans submitted to commission by electric utilities; provides for portion of proceeds of local government infrastructure surtax to be used for financial assistance to residential & commercial property owners who make energy efficiency improvements or install renewable energy devices; deletes obsolete directive to PSC to adopt rules for renewable portfolio standard; prohibits cultivation of certain algae in plantings greater in size than 2 contiguous acres; requires DOACS to conduct statewide forest inventory; provides appropriation from Florida Public Service Regulatory Trust Fund for purpose of PSC, in consultation with DOACS, to contract for independent evaluation of Florida Energy Efficiency and Conservation Act. APPROPRIATION: $250,000
Last Action: 4/16/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-117, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/CS/HB 503 (Ch. 2012-205)
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 567
• Referred to Finance and Tax Committee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 581
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Committee, 02/15/12, 8:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS by Finance and Tax Committee; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -HJ 671
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Finance and Tax Committee read 1st time -HJ 668
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 682
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/24/12, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 855
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 853
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 907
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1022
• Amendment(s) adopted (104007, 143723, 214917, 243835, 350545, 566345, 617607) -HJ 1023
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1077
• Amendment(s) adopted (054465, 076631, 224327, 748577, 766133) -HJ 1077
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 113 NAYS 1 -HJ 1079
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 869
• Referred to Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Agriculture; Budget -SJ 869
• Withdrawn from Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Agriculture; Budget -SJ 1070
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 1070
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/SB 2094 -SJ 1071
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1071
• Amendment(s) adopted (471800, 771158) -SJ 1071
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1080
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 2 -SJ 1080
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (771158) -HJ 1250
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 2 -HJ 1260
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1260
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Allowed to become Law without Governor's Signature
• Chapter No. 2012-117, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/CS/HB 503 (Ch. 2012-205)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.