CS/SB 782: Florida Evidence Code
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Bennett
Florida Evidence Code; Providing that a statement offered against a party that wrongfully caused the declarant’s unavailability is not excluded as hearsay, etc.
Last Action: 3/6/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 701 (Ch. 2012-152) -SJ 881
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
• Referred to Judiciary; Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security -SJ 66
• Introduced -SJ 66
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/16/12, 10:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 524
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security -SJ 524
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 535
• Withdrawn from Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security -SJ 721
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 881
• Substituted CS/HB 701 -SJ 881
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 701 (Ch. 2012-152) -SJ 881
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.