SB 792: Financial Institutions
GENERAL BILL by Gaetz ; Rich ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Latvala ; Thrasher ; Fasano ; Oelrich ; Negron ; Ring ; Benacquisto ; Sobel ; Richter ; Lynn ; Detert ; Joyner ; Gardiner ; Gibson ; Margolis ; Hays ; Evers ; Diaz de la Portilla ; Dean ; Siplin ; Garcia ; Montford ; Simmons ; Flores ; Braynon ; Storms ; Sachs ; Smith ; Bullard ; Haridopolos ; Alexander ; Altman ; Bennett ; Bogdanoff ; Dockery ; Jones ; Norman ; Wise
Financial Institutions; Requiring a financial institution that is chartered in this state and that maintains certain accounts with a foreign financial institution to establish due diligence policies, procedures, and controls reasonably designed to detect whether the foreign financial institution engages in certain activities facilitating the development of weapons of mass destruction by the Government of Iran, provides support for certain foreign terrorist organizations, or participates in other related activities; requiring the Financial Services Commission to adopt rules establishing minimum standards for the due diligence policies, procedures, and controls, etc.
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations (BGA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Budget -SJ 67
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 12/07/11, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 110
• Now in Budget -SJ 110
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations -SJ 109
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations, 01/12/12, 1:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 67
• Favorable by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 135
• Now in Budget -SJ 135
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/01/12, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 314
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 314
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/07/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 324
• Amendment(s) adopted (667878) -SJ 324
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 324
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 347
• Passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 347
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1103
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/12
• Received -HJ 1102
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1117
• Substituted for CS/HB 613 -HJ 1117
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1159
• Passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 1159
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 958
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-201
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.