CS/SB 530: Dispute Resolution
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Thrasher
Dispute Resolution; Revising the short title of the “Florida Arbitration Code” to the “Revised Florida Arbitration Code”; providing that an agreement may waive or vary the effect of statutory arbitration provisions; requiring a court to decide whether an agreement to arbitrate exists or a controversy is subject to an agreement to arbitrate; providing that a person waives any objection to lack of or insufficiency of notice by appearing at the arbitration hearing; requiring certain disclosures of interests and relationships by a person before accepting appointment as an arbitrator, etc.
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Rules -SJ 40
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/19/13, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 114
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 114
• Introduced -SJ 40
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 110
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/21/13, 8:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -SJ 240
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 240
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/27/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 265
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 305
• Amendment(s) adopted (888408) -SJ 306
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 306
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 973
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/13
• Received -HJ 972
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1012
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 693 -HJ 1013
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1056
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 1057
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 986
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-232
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.