CS/SB 1098: General Assignments
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Richter
General Assignments; Requiring an assignee’s bond to be in at least a specific amount or double the liquidation value of the unencumbered and liquid assets of the estate, whichever is higher; authorizing an assignee to conduct certain discovery to determine whether to prosecute certain claims or causes of action; extending the time period for which a court may authorize an assignee to conduct the business of the assignor; providing that the Florida Rules of Civil Procedure apply to objections to claims in all pending cases beginning on a specific date, etc.
Last Action: 4/25/2013 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 833 (Ch. 2013-244) -SJ 610
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Banking and Insurance; Rules -SJ 81
• Introduced -SJ 81
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/01/13, 3:15 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 277
• Now in Banking and Insurance -SJ 277
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/09/13, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 422
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 422
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 425
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/17/13, 2:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 480
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 480
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 609
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 833 -SJ 610
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 833 (Ch. 2013-244) -SJ 610
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.