CS/HB 1241: Appointment of Attorney for Dependent Child with Disabilities
GENERAL BILL by Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Combee
Appointment of Attorney for Dependent Child with Disabilities; Requires attorney for dependent child with disabilities to be appointed in writing; requires that appointment continues in effect until attorney is permitted to withdraw or is discharged by court or until case is terminated; requires that attorney be adequately compensated for his or her service; provides limitation; provides for conditional implementation.
Last Action: 5/3/2013 House - Died in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 119
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 212
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 03/18/13, 2:00 pm, 404 HOB
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 287
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 283
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 305
• Died in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.