CS/CS/SB 292: Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Commerce and Tourism ; Richter ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Flores ; Bean ; Brandes ; Grimsley
Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices; Requiring a claimant to provide a demand letter to the motor vehicle dealer as a condition precedent to initiating civil litigation, including arbitration, against such dealer under the Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act; providing for the tolling of applicable time limitations for initiating actions; providing a condition that constitutes waiver of notice; requiring that a specified notice be provided to consumers and acknowledged before provisions may apply, etc.
Last Action: 4/16/2013 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 55 (Ch. 2013-186) -SJ 474
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Judiciary (JU)
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Judiciary -SJ 26
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 02/19/13, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 7 NAYS 4
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 114
• Introduced -SJ 26
• CS by Commerce and Tourism read 1st time -SJ 107
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/08/13, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 3 -SJ 398
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 399
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 398
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/16/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 474
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 55 -SJ 474
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 55 (Ch. 2013-186) -SJ 474
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.