SB 338: Theft of Utility Services
GENERAL BILL by Simpson
Theft of Utility Services; Providing additional criminal penalties for utility services wrongfully taken; providing that the person who unlawfully took utility services is liable to the utility for an increased civil penalty subject to the amount of the utility services unlawfully obtained, etc.
- Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities (CU)
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 28
• On Committee agenda-- Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities, 02/05/13, 3:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 112
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 112
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/19/13, 9:30 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 112
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 112
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 03/06/13, 8:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 28
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 157
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 157
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/21/13, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 239
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 239
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/27/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 267
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 307
• Passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 307
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 445
• Received -HJ 445
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/11/13
• Substituted for HB 191 -HJ 515
• Read 2nd time -HJ 515
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 592
• Passed; YEAS 90 NAYS 25 -HJ 592
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 512
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 512
• Approved by Governor -SJ 579
• Chapter No. 2013-30
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.