CS/HB 721: Professional Sports Franchise Facilities
GENERAL BILL by Finance and Tax Subcommittee ; Cummings ; Davis ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fullwood ; Hutson ; Jones, M. ; McBurney ; Porter ; Ray ; Renuart ; Van Zant
Professional Sports Franchise Facilities; Authorizes applicant previously certified as facility for new or retained professional sports franchise to receive additional certification under certain circumstances, & to receive monthly distribution of specified amount of sales tax revenues, to acquire, construct, reconstruct, or renovate facility.
Last Action: 5/3/2013 House - Died in Economic Affairs Committee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Finance and Tax Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee; Appropriations Committee -HJ 77
• Introduced -HJ 77
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Subcommittee, 03/20/13, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Finance and Tax Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 4
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Finance and Tax Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 341
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 355
• Died in Economic Affairs Committee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.