CS/CS/HB 827: Medicine
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Gaetz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Harrell ; Perry
Medicine; Revises provisions relating to disclosure of information provided to health care practitioners by patients; provides that in informal discovery, prospective defendant or his or her legal representative may interview claimant's treating health care providers without notice to or presence of claimant or claimant's legal representative; revises form for release of health care information to expressly permit certain persons to interview specified health care providers without notice to or presence of patient or patient's legal representative.
Last Action: 5/3/2013 House - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 1792 (Ch. 2013-108)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 84
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 03/06/13, 8:00 am, 404 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 84
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 4 -HJ 216
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 211
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 226
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/09/13, 2:30 pm, 404 HOB
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 6 -HJ 580
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 571
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 610
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/13
• Retained on Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/13
• Retained on Calendar
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 1792 (Ch. 2013-108)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.