CS/CS/HB 835: Citizens Property Insurance Corporation
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Wood
Citizens Property Insurance Corporation; Provides that certain residential structures are not eligible for coverage by corporation after specified dates; provides exception; prohibits corporation from covering new construction of major structure, or substantial improvements, commencing on or after July 1, 2014, that is seaward of coastal construction control line or is within Coastal Barrier Resources System; revises membership of board of governors of corporation; restricts eligibility of risk for renewal policy issued by corporation; requires disclosure of potential corporation surcharges & policyholder obligations; revises duties & responsibilities of internal auditor; authorizes insurers taking out, assuming, or removing policies from corporation to use corporation's policy forms & endorsements for specified time without approval by OIR; authorizes corporation to adopt policy forms that allow corporation to replace or repair covered damage in lieu of paying value of loss; establishes Office of Inspector General within corporation; provides for appointment, qualifications, duties, & responsibilities of inspector general; provides that corporation is subject to state agency purchasing requirements; provides procedures for protesting purchasing decisions.
Last Action: 5/3/2013 House - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 1770 (Ch. 2013-60)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 85
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/06/13, 1:00 pm, 404 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 85
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 1 -HJ 227
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 226
• Now in Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 241
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/20/13, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 1 -HJ 306
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 306
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 04/16/13, 9:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS/CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 702
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 694
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 735
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 1770 (Ch. 2013-60)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.