CS/CS/SB 836: Insurer Solvency
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Banking and Insurance ; Simmons
Insurer Solvency; Providing additional calculations for determining whether an insurer has a company action level event; requiring an insurer’s annual statement to include an actuarial opinion summary; protecting material supporting an insurer’s annual actuarial opinion from subpoena, discovery, or admissibility in a civil action; revising the amount of outstanding voting securities of a domestic stock insurer or a controlling company that a person is prohibited from acquiring unless certain requirements have been met, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2013 House - Died in Messages
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 60
• Introduced -SJ 60
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/02/13, 12:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 346
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 346
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 354
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/15/13, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 476
• Now in Rules -SJ 476
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/22/13, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -SJ 578
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 578
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/13
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 578
• Read 2nd time -SJ 729
• Read 3rd time -SJ 729
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 729
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.