CS/CS/HB 935: Florida False Claims Act
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Young ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Danish
Florida False Claims Act; Revises terminology; authorizes DLA to issue subpoenas for specified purposes before institution of civil proceedings; prohibits specified actions by person knowing or having reason to believe that subpoena is pending; provides that state may elect to pursue available alternative remedies, including administrative proceedings; specifies what constitutes final finding or conclusion in alternative proceeding that is binding on all parties to action under act; revises provisions relating to dismissal of action if substantially same allegations or transactions as alleged in action were publicly disclosed; provides for treatment for statutes of limitations purposes of pleadings filed in interventions by DLA.
Last Action: 6/3/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-104, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 1297 (Ch. 2013-105)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 95
• Introduced -HJ 95
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 03/13/13, 12:00 pm, 404 HOB
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 258
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 254
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 270
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/28/13, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 373
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 373
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/03/13, 8:30 am, 404 HOB
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 437
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 431
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 443
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/13
• Read 2nd time -HJ 652
• Read 3rd time -HJ 653
• CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 653
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Rules -SJ 505
• Received -SJ 505
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Rules -SJ 544
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 544
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1494 -SJ 544
• Read 2nd time -SJ 544
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 648
• CS passed; YEAS 35 NAYS 0 -SJ 648
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 910
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-104, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 1297 (Ch. 2013-105)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.