CS/CS/SB 1494: Florida False Claims Act
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Judiciary ; Thrasher
Florida False Claims Act; Revising conditions under which a person is liable for a specified civil penalty; authorizing the Department of Legal Affairs to issue subpoenas for specified purposes before the institution of civil proceedings; authorizing the department to stipulate to protective orders of submitted documents and information; providing for estoppel as to certain matters following a final judgment or decree rendered in favor of the state or the Federal Government in certain criminal proceedings, etc.
Last Action: 4/24/2013 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 935 (Ch. 2013-104), HB 1297 (Ch. 2013-105) -SJ 544
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Rules -SJ 170
• Introduced -SJ 170
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/18/13, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 2 -SJ 230
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 230
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 235
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/02/13, 8:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/09/13, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/17/13, 2:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -SJ 481
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 481
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/13
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 494
• Read 2nd time -SJ 543
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 935 -SJ 544
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 935 (Ch. 2013-104), HB 1297 (Ch. 2013-105) -SJ 544
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.