CS/CS/HB 195: Education Data Privacy
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Choice and Innovation Subcommittee ; Raburn ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Caldwell ; Diaz, M. ; Eagle ; Eisnaugle ; Harrell ; Metz ; Perry
Education Data Privacy; Revises provisions relating to remedy in circuit court with respect to education records & reports of K-12 students & parents; provides for annual notice of student & parent rights; prohibits collection of certain information & limits disclosure of confidential & exempt student records; revises provisions relating to submission of student social security numbers & assignment of student identification numbers.
Last Action: 4/9/2014 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 188 (Ch. 2014-41) -HJ 496
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Choice and Innovation Subcommittee; Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 22
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Choice and Innovation Subcommittee, 02/04/14, 1:30 pm, 306 HOB
• CS by Choice and Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 154
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Education Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 150
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/18/14, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 1 -HJ 157
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 157
• Introduced -HJ 22
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 03/06/14, 9:30 am, Reed Hall
• CS by Choice and Innovation Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 137
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 217
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 215
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 208
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/09/14
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 188 -HJ 496
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 188 (Ch. 2014-41) -HJ 496
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.