CS/CS/HB 287: Certificates of Need
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Health Innovation Subcommittee ; Artiles ; Williams ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Berman ; Caldwell ; Campbell ; Combee ; Diaz, J. ; Gibbons ; Harrell ; Hill ; Jones, S. ; Mayfield ; Nunez ; Pritchett ; Raburn ; Richardson ; Rodrigues, R. ; Smith ; Steube
Certificates of Need; Decreases subdistrict average nursing home bed occupancy rate goal that AHCA is required to maintain as goal of its nursing-home-bed-need methodology; provides that replacement of a nursing home or relocation of beds is health-care-related project subject to expedited review; prohibits agency from approving application for new community nursing home beds under certain circumstances; repeals provisions relating to moratorium on approval of certificates of need for additional community nursing home beds.
• Referred to Health Innovation Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 28
• On Committee agenda-- Health Innovation Subcommittee, 01/15/14, 8:00 am, 306 HOB
• CS by Health Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 153
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Original reference(s) removed: Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 150
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 150
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 02/20/14, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 159
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 150
• Introduced -HJ 28
• CS by Health Innovation Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 138
• CS/CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 138
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/26/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 355
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 377
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 377
• In Messages
• Referred to Health Policy; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 376
• Received -SJ 376
• Withdrawn from Health Policy; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 567
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 567
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 268 -SJ 567
• Read 2nd time -SJ 567
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 632
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 633
• Immediately certified -SJ 648
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 779
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-110
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.