CS/CS/HB 343: Rental Car Surcharge
GENERAL BILL by Economic Affairs Committee ; Transportation and Highway Safety Subcommittee ; Nunez ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Stewart
Rental Car Surcharge; Provides alternative surcharge for use of motor vehicle pursuant to agreement with car-sharing service for less than specified number of hours; defines term "car-sharing service"; provides for applicability.
• Referred to Transportation and Highway Safety Subcommittee; Finance and Tax Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 31
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Highway Safety Subcommittee, 02/04/14, 1:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Transportation and Highway Safety Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 2 -HJ 154
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Finance and Tax Subcommittee -HJ 151
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Subcommittee, 02/19/14, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Finance and Tax Subcommittee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 158
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 158
• Introduced -HJ 31
• CS by Transportation and Highway Safety Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 139
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 03/13/14, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 287
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Economic Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 286
• CS referred to Appropriations Committee -HJ 291
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 291
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 04/01/14, 2:30 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 24 NAYS 0 -HJ 440
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 440
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 651
• Amendment(s) adopted (828717) -HJ 651
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 739
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 739
• In Messages
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 710
• Received -SJ 710
• Withdrawn from Commerce and Tourism; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 1127
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 1127
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 484 -SJ 1127
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1127
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1127
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 1127
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1323
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-199
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.