CS/SB 508: State Ombudsman Program
GENERAL BILL by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs ; Detert
State Ombudsman Program; Deleting references to ombudsman councils and transferring their responsibilities to representatives of the Office of State Long-Term Care Ombudsman; revising the duties and authority of the state ombudsman; revising duties and membership of the State Long-Term Care Ombudsman Council; providing duties of representatives of the office in the districts; revising the appointments of and qualifications for district ombudsmen; deleting provisions that provide for an election of a chair of a local council and the meeting times for the local council, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 43
• Introduced -SJ 43
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 04/01/14, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 442
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time -SJ 444
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 444
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 04/09/14, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 460
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 460
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.