HB 5201: Medicaid
GENERAL BILL by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee ; Hudson
Medicaid; Providing a reconciliation process for the Statewide Medicaid Residency Program; updating references to data used for calculating disproportionate share program payments to certain hospitals for the 2014-2015 fiscal year; providing for continuance of Medicaid disproportionate share distributions for certain nonstate government owned or operated hospitals; providing reimbursement parameters for prescribed pediatric extended care service providers in the Medicaid statewide managed care program; deleting a requirement relating to medically needy recipients, etc.
Last Action: 6/2/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-57, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5001 (Ch. 2014-51), CS/SB 1666 (Ch. 2014-224)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Appropriations Committee -HJ 324
• Introduced -HJ 302
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 03/26/14, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 25 NAYS 0 -HJ 388
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 388
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/02/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 434
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 447
• Passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 447
• Immediately certified -HJ 452
• Requests that the Senate pass the bill as passed by the House or agree to include the bill in the Budget Conference -HJ 452
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 414
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 414
• Withdrawn from Appropriations -SJ 414
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 414
• Substituted for SB 2512 -SJ 415
• Read 2nd time -SJ 415
• Amendment(s) adopted (495936) -SJ 415
• Read 3rd time -SJ 416
• Passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 416
• The Senate having refused to pass the bill as passed by the House, acceded to the request for a conference -SJ 417
• Immediately certified -SJ 417
• In returning messages
• Conference Committee appointed: Representatives Hudson (Chair), Combee, Diaz, J, Gaetz, Hill, Magar, Pigman, Wood, Cruz, Murphy, Richardson; Baxley (At Large), Coley (At Large), Gonzalez (At Large), Holder (At Large), O'Toole (At Large), Schenck (At Large), Workman (At Large), Young (At Large), Gibbons (At Large), Rouson (At Large), Thurston (At Large), Waldman (At Large), Williams, A. (At Large), Jones, M. (At Large) -HJ 555, 575
• Conference Committee appointed: Appropriations Conference Committee: Negron (Chair), Benacquisto (Vice Chair), Gardiner (At Large), Joyner (At Large), Margolis (At Large), Richter (At Large), Smith (At Large), Thrasher (At Large); Appropriations Conference Committee on Criminal and Civil Justice: Bradley (Chair), Altman, Clemens, Diaz de la Portilla, Evers, Joyner; Appropriations Conference Committee on Education: Galvano (Chair), Abruzzo, Bullard, Detert, Legg, Montford, Sachs, Simmons, Thrasher; Appropriations Conference Committee on General Government: Hays (Chair), Brandes, Braynon, Dean, Simpson, Soto, Stargel; Appropriations Conference Committee on Health and Human Services: Grimsley (Chair), Bean, Flores, Garcia, Gibson, Sobel; Appropriations Conference Committee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development: Gardiner (Chair), Hukill, Latvala, Lee, Margolis, Ring, Thompson -SJ 430
• Conference Committee Report considered -HJ 1079
• Conference Committee Report adopted (213719) -HJ 1081
• Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 1081
• In returning messages
• Conference Committee Report received -SJ 1142
• Conference Committee Report adopted (213719) -SJ 1145
• Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 1145
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1324
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-57, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5001 (Ch. 2014-51), CS/SB 1666 (Ch. 2014-224)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.