CS/CS/HB 565: Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Santiago ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Van Zant
Insurance; Authorizes local government units to contract with certain corporations not for profit for insurance; revises original appointment & renewal fees related to certain insurance representatives; revises specified time period applicable to certified examination that must be filed by foreign or alien insurer applying for certificate of authority; prohibits an insurance agency from conducting insurance business at location without designated agent in charge; provides agency license requirements; revises qualifications for approval as mediator by DFS; provides grounds for department to deny an application, or suspend or revoke approval of mediator or certification of neutral evaluator; authorizes department to adopt rules; authorizes electronic transfer of unearned premium under specified circumstances; revises date by which title insurance agencies & certain insurers must annually submit specified information to OIR; requirements relating to contractual liability policies that insure warranty associations; provides effective dates.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 Senate - Died in returning Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 291 (Ch. 2014-111), CS/CS/HB 321 (Ch. 2014-112), CS/CS/HB 633 (Ch. 2014-123), CS/HB 785 (Ch. 2014-131), CS/CS/CS/SB 542 (Ch. 2014-80), CS/CS/SB 708 (Ch. 2014-86), CS/CS/SB 1308 (Ch. 2014-101), CS/CS/SB 1344 (Ch. 2014-103), CS/CS/SB 1672 (Ch. 2014-104)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 48
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 02/11/14, 3:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 157
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 151
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/04/14, 1:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Introduced -HJ 47
• Favorable by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 205
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 205
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 142
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 03/12/14, 1:00 pm, Sumner Hall --Temporarily deferred
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 03/20/14, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 365
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c) -HJ 365
• CS/CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 358
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 387
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/01/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 417
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 432
• Read 3rd time -HJ 444
• Amendment(s) adopted (163551) -HJ 445
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 109 NAYS 6 -HJ 445
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations
• Received -SJ 478
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 912
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 912
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1260 -SJ 913
• Read 2nd time -SJ 912
• Amendment(s) adopted (402196) -SJ 913
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1110
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 1111
• In returning messages
• Was taken up -HJ 1110
• Refused to concur in 1 amendment(s) (402196) -HJ 1113
• Requested Senate to recede -HJ 1113
• In returning messages
• Died in returning Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 291 (Ch. 2014-111), CS/CS/HB 321 (Ch. 2014-112), CS/CS/HB 633 (Ch. 2014-123), CS/HB 785 (Ch. 2014-131), CS/CS/CS/SB 542 (Ch. 2014-80), CS/CS/SB 708 (Ch. 2014-86), CS/CS/SB 1308 (Ch. 2014-101), CS/CS/SB 1344 (Ch. 2014-103), CS/CS/SB 1672 (Ch. 2014-104)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.