CS/HB 635: Guardianship
GENERAL BILL by Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Passidomo ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Caldwell ; Hager ; Pilon
Guardianship; Revises provisions relating to requirements for & court authority concerning requirements for specified guardians to submit to credit history investigation & background screening; authorizes nonprofessional guardian to petition court for reimbursement for costs of investigation & screening; authorizes clerk of court to obtain & review records impacting guardianship assets & to issue subpoenas to nonparties upon application to court; provides requirements for affidavits, notice, & subpoenas; provides for objection to subpoena; authorizes court to require production of records & documents by guardian who fails to submit them during audit; provides for removal of guardian for bad faith failure to submit records during audit; provides that person seeking appointment as guardian may not lawfully deny or fail to acknowledge arrests covered by expunged or sealed record.
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 55
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 02/19/14, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 160
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Original reference(s) removed: Justice Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Judiciary Committee -HJ 151
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 151
• Introduced -HJ 55
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 147
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 03/13/14, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 279
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 279
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/26/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 355
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 375
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 376
• In Messages
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Judiciary; Appropriations -SJ 376
• Received -SJ 376
• Withdrawn from Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Judiciary; Appropriations -SJ 688
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 688
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/SB 634 -SJ 688
• Read 2nd time -SJ 688
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 723
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 724
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 823
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-124
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.