CS/CS/HB 843: Cannabis
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Gaetz ; Edwards ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ahern ; Antone ; Bracy ; Caldwell ; Campbell ; Clelland ; Combee ; Cruz ; Danish ; Dudley ; Fitzenhagen ; Fresen ; Hood ; Hooper ; Hutson ; Jones, S. ; Kerner ; Mayfield ; McGhee ; Moskowitz ; Nelson ; Peters ; Pigman ; Pilon ; Raschein ; Rehwinkel Vasilinda ; Richardson ; Rooney ; Saunders ; Schwartz ; Smith ; Stewart ; Van Zant ; Watson, C. ; Wood
Cannabis; Authorizes specified physicians to order low-THC cannabis for use by specified patients; provides conditions; prohibits specified acts by physicians or persons seeking low-THC cannabis; requires physician education; requires DOH to create compassionate use registry & authorize specified number of dispensing organizations; authorizes certain medical centers to conduct research on cannabidiol & low-THC cannabis; requires DOH to establish Office of Compassionate Use; authorizes state universities with both medical & agricultural programs to conduct specified research on cannabidiol & low-THC cannabis; authorizes use of research funds for such research. APPROPRIATION: $1,000,000
Last Action: 5/2/2014 House - Died pending review of CS, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1030 (Ch. 2014-157), SB 1700 (Ch. 2014-158)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 72
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 03/05/14, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Introduced -HJ 72
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 1 -HJ 219
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 214
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 277
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 03/20/14, 12:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 24 NAYS 0 -HJ 326
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 326
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/21/14, 10:45 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 3 -HJ 599
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 597
• Died pending review of CS, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1030 (Ch. 2014-157), SB 1700 (Ch. 2014-158)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.