CS/CS/SB 1224: Health Care Representatives
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Judiciary ; Joyner
Health Care Representatives; Providing an exception for a patient who has designated a surrogate to make health care decisions and receive health information without a determination of incapacity being required; revising provisions relating to the designation of health care surrogates; providing for the designation of health care surrogates for minors, etc.
Last Action: 4/23/2015 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 889 (Ch. 2015-153) -SJ 595
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Health Policy (HP)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Health Policy; Rules -SJ 119
• Introduced -SJ 119
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/31/15, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 343
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Health Policy -SJ 343
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 04/07/15, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 347
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 372
• Now in Rules -SJ 372
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/20/15, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 425
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/15
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 434
• Read 2nd time -SJ 595
• Amendment(s) adopted (828562) -SJ 595
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/HB 889 -SJ 595
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 889 (Ch. 2015-153) -SJ 595
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.