CS/CS/SB 278: Downtown Development Districts
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Finance and Tax ; Diaz de la Portilla
Downtown Development Districts; Authorizing municipalities larger than a certain population and located in certain counties to levy an ad valorem tax on real and personal property in downtown development districts, etc.
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Finance and Tax (FT)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 49
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/03/15, 10:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 158
• Now in Finance and Tax -SJ 158
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 02/16/15, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building --Meeting cancelled
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 03/02/15, 1:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building --Meeting cancelled
• Introduced -SJ 49
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 03/16/15, 2:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building --Amendment Adopted -Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 03/23/15, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Finance and Tax; YEAS 7 NAYS 1 -SJ 253
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Finance and Tax read 1st time -SJ 255
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 253
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/09/15, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 377
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 377
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/14/15
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 380
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 422
• Read 2nd time -SJ 472
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 578
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 2 -SJ 578
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 845
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/15
• Received -HJ 845
• Read 2nd time -HJ 862
• Substituted for CS/HB 833 -HJ 862
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 882
• CS passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 4 -HJ 882
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 703
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-43
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.