CS/CS/HB 361: Military Housing Ad Valorem Tax Exemptions
GENERAL BILL by Local and Federal Affairs Committee ; Finance and Tax Committee ; Trumbull ; Smith ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Artiles ; Baxley ; Broxson ; Burgess ; Campbell ; Corcoran ; Cortes, B. ; Drake ; Gaetz ; McBurney ; McGhee ; Metz ; Perry
Military Housing Ad Valorem Tax Exemptions; Grants certain leasehold interests & improvements to land owned by U.S. or agency thereof, branch of U.S. Armed Forces, or quasi-governmental agency exemption from ad valorem taxation; exempts such leasehold interests & improvements without need to apply for exemption or property appraiser approving exemption; provides nonapplicability & retroactive applicability.
• Referred to Finance and Tax Committee; Veteran and Military Affairs Subcommittee; Local and Federal Affairs Committee -HJ 33
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Committee, 02/12/15, 10:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Finance and Tax Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 135
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Veteran and Military Affairs Subcommittee -HJ 131
• On Committee agenda-- Veteran and Military Affairs Subcommittee, 03/04/15, 9:00 am, 12 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 32
• CS by Finance and Tax Committee read 1st time -HJ 128
• Favorable by Veteran and Military Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 1 -HJ 172
• Now in Local and Federal Affairs Committee -HJ 172
• On Committee agenda-- Local and Federal Affairs Committee, 03/19/15, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Local and Federal Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 285
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Local and Federal Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 280
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 294
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/08/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 457
• Amendment(s) adopted (242515) -HJ 457
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 490
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 490
• In Messages
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 445
• Received -SJ 445
• Withdrawn from Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 614
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 614
• Substituted for CS/SB 686 -SJ 614
• Read 2nd time -SJ 614
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 675
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 675
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 865
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-80
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.