CS/CS/SB 856: Vision Care Plans
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Banking and Insurance ; Latvala
Vision Care Plans; Providing that a health insurer, a prepaid limited health service organization, and a health maintenance organization, respectively, may not require a licensed ophthalmologist or optometrist to join a network solely for the purpose of credentialing the licensee for another vision network; providing that such insurers and organizations are not prevented by the act from entering into a contract with another vision care plan; providing that such insurers and organizations may not restrict or limit a licensed ophthalmologist, optometrist, or optician to specific suppliers of materials or optical laboratories, etc.
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 90
• Introduced -SJ 90
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/17/15, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 221
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 223
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 221
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/24/15, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 259
• Now in Rules -SJ 259
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/02/15, 11:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 351
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 351
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/08/15
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 353
• Read 2nd time -SJ 372
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 401
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 401
• Immediately certified -SJ 402
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.