CS/SB 1256: Alternative Sanctioning
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Brandes ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Evers
Alternative Sanctioning; Authorizing the chief judge of each judicial circuit, in consultation with specified entities, to establish an alternative sanctioning program; authorizing an offender who allegedly committed a technical violation of supervision to waive participation in or elect to participate in the program, admit to the violation, agree to comply with the recommended sanction, and agree to waive certain rights; authorizing the court to impose the recommended sanction or direct the Department of Corrections to submit a violation report, affidavit, and warrant to the court; specifying that an offender’s participation in an alternative sanctioning program is voluntary, etc.
Last Action: 3/4/2016 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1149 (Ch. 2016-100) -SJ 707
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 94
• Introduced -SJ 94
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/01/16, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 303
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 303
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 02/11/16, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 316
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 02/17/16, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 425
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/25/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 497
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 497
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 615
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 707
• Substituted CS/HB 1149 -SJ 707
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1149 (Ch. 2016-100) -SJ 707
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.