CS/HB 229: Bullying and Harassment Policies in Schools
GENERAL BILL by K-12 Subcommittee ; Geller ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Cortes, J. ; DuBose ; Edwards ; Fitzenhagen ; Hager ; Murphy ; Rader ; Rehwinkel Vasilinda ; Rooney
Bullying and Harassment Policies in Schools; Requiring each school district to review its bullying and harassment policy at specified intervals; requiring each school principal to implement the bullying and harassment policy in a certain manner and integrate it with the school's bullying prevention and intervention program; providing a short title for chapter 2010-217, Laws of Florida, relating to requirements for health education curricula and district school board policies on teen dating violence and abuse, etc.
• Referred to K-12 Subcommittee; Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 23
• PCS on Committee agenda-- K-12 Subcommittee, 12/02/15, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by K-12 Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 164
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Education Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 156
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/11/16, 4:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 167
• Introduced -HJ 23
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 167
• CS by K-12 Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 142
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 01/21/16, 11:30 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 263
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 263
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 806
• Amendment(s) adopted (017241) -HJ 806
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 854
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 107 NAYS 3 -HJ 854
• In Messages
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Fiscal Policy -SJ 767
• Received -SJ 767
• Withdrawn from Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Fiscal Policy -SJ 750
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 750
• Substituted for CS/SB 268 -SJ 750
• Read 2nd time -SJ 750
• Read 3rd time -SJ 750
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 750
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 891
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 1048
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-119
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.