CS/CS/SB 286: Merger and Acquisition Brokers
GENERAL BILL by Fiscal Policy ; Banking and Insurance ; Brandes
Merger and Acquisition Brokers; Providing an exemption from certain registration requirements with the Office of Financial Regulation for a specified offer or sale of securities; requiring a merger and acquisition broker to receive certain written assurances from a specified person prior to the completion of specified securities transactions; providing an exemption from certain registration requirements with the office for a merger and acquisition broker under certain circumstances; specifying disqualifying conditions for the exemption, etc.
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government (AGG)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Fiscal Policy -SJ 23
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 12/01/15, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government, 01/13/16, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 23
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 111
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; YEAS 6 NAYS 1 -SJ 185
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 185
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 01/20/16, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 239
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 239
• CS/CS by Fiscal Policy read 1st time -SJ 240
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 472
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 490
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 490
• Immediately certified -SJ 494
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 634
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/16
• Received -HJ 634
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 817 -HJ 723
• Read 2nd time -HJ 723
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 739
• CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 739
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 732
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 1437
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-111
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.