CS/HB 361: Vote-by-mail Voting
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Lee ; Williams ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Artiles ; Berman ; Caldwell ; Campbell ; Cortes, B. ; Cortes, J. ; Cruz ; Drake ; Harrell ; Hill ; Mayfield ; McGhee ; Murphy ; Pafford ; Pilon ; Rodriguez, J. ; Rogers ; Stark ; Tobia ; Torres ; Watson, C.
Vote-by-mail Voting; Revises references of "absentee ballot" to "vote-by-mail ballot"; conforms terminology to changes made by act.
Last Action: 2/23/2016 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 112 (Ch. 2016-37) -HJ 541
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Government Operations Subcommittee; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 32
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 12/02/15, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 164
• Now in Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 164
• Introduced -HJ 32
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/28/16, 1:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 317
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 317
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/04/16, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 407
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 402
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 434
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/16
• Substituted SB 112 -HJ 541
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 112 (Ch. 2016-37) -HJ 541
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.