CS/CS/HB 749: Agriculture
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee ; Raburn ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Albritton ; Combee ; Mayfield ; Renner ; Van Zant
Agriculture; Revising the period during which certain agricultural lands in eradication or quarantine programs continue to be classified as such; exempting certain farm vehicles from registration requirements under certain circumstances; preempting regulatory authority over commercial feed and feedstuff to the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services; providing for conservation easement agreements to include provisions which allow agricultural activities under certain conditions, etc.
Last Action: 3/24/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-88, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7007 (Ch. 2016-61)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 65
• Introduced -HJ 65
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee, 01/20/16, 12:00 pm, Reed Hall
• CS by Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 251
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 247
• Now in Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 262
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/09/16, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 414
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 414
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/18/16, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 518
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 514
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 560
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 672
• Amendment(s) adopted (423589) -HJ 673
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 706
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 707
• In Messages
• Referred to Agriculture; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 649
• Received -SJ 649
• Withdrawn from Agriculture; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 665
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 665
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1310 -SJ 665
• Read 2nd time -SJ 665
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 736
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 736
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 891
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 980
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-88, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7007 (Ch. 2016-61)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.