CS/CS/SB 1124: Newborn Screenings
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Health Policy ; Book ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Young
Newborn Screenings; Requiring the Department of Health, upon the advice of the Genetics and Newborn Screening Advisory Council, to expand within a specified period the statewide screening of newborns to include any condition on the federal Recommended Uniform Screening Panel; requiring the council to determine whether a condition should be included in the state’s screening program within a specified period after its addition to the federal panel, etc.
- Health Policy (HP)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 122
• Introduced -SJ 122
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 03/27/17, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 258
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services
• Remaining references corrected to Appropriations -SJ 271
• Now in Appropriations
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 267
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/13/17, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 412
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 412
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/17
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 414
• Read 2nd time -SJ 420
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 429
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 429
• Immediately certified
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 795
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/17
• Received -HJ 795
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 963 -HJ 939
• Read 2nd time -HJ 939
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 973, 974
• CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 974
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-78
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.