CS/SB 48: Relief of Wendy Smith and Dennis Darling, Sr./Florida State University
CLAIM/GENERAL by Judiciary ; Braynon
Relief of Wendy Smith and Dennis Darling, Sr./Florida State University; Providing for the relief of Wendy Smith and Dennis Darling, Sr., parents of Devaughn Darling, deceased; providing an appropriation to compensate the parents for the loss of their son, Devaughn Darling, whose death occurred while he was engaged in football preseason training on the Florida State University campus, etc. CLAIM WITH APPROPRIATION: $1,800,000
Last Action: 5/1/2017 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 6515 (Ch. 2017-59) -SJ 586
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Special Master on Claim Bills (SM)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Higher Education (AHE)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Special Master on Claim Bills; Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Higher Education; Appropriations -SJ 41
• Recommendation: Favorable by Special Master on Claim Bills -SJ 147
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 147
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/21/17, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 148
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Higher Education -SJ 148
• Introduced -SJ 41
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 137
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Higher Education, 04/18/17, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Higher Education; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 435
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 435
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/25/17, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 14 NAYS 1 -SJ 442
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 442
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/01/17
• Read 2nd time -SJ 585
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 6515 -SJ 586
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 6515 (Ch. 2017-59) -SJ 586
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.