CS/SB 1436: Garcon Point Bridge
GENERAL BILL by Transportation ; Broxson
Garcon Point Bridge; Authorizing the Department of Transportation to acquire the Garcon Point Bridge and related assets and purchase or retire specified outstanding bonds; requiring that the bridge be owned by the department and become part of the State Highway System upon acquisition, if acquired under specified provisions; authorizing the issuance of bonds to finance the department’s acquisition of the bridge consistent with the department’s existing bonding authority; repealing part IV of ch. 348, F.S., relating to the Santa Rosa Bay Bridge Authority, upon the department’s acquisition of the bridge under specified provisions, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Transportation (TR)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development (ATD)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Transportation; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 168
• Introduced -SJ 167
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 01/25/18, 10:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Transportation; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 227
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development -SJ 227
• CS by Transportation read 1st time -SJ 234
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 02/21/18, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 8 NAYS 1 -SJ 384
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 384
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.