CS/CS/SB 1548: Student Safety
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Education ; Book
Student Safety; Prohibiting certain conduct with students by authority figures; adding school buses to the definition of the term “school” for purposes of trespass upon grounds or facilities of a school; providing for the forfeiture of a district school superintendent’s salary for a specified period for failure to report certain misconduct to law enforcement agencies; expanding the scope of provisions requiring the disqualification of persons convicted of certain offenses to apply to all persons who are required to have contact with students, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 495 (Ch. 2018-150)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Criminal Justice; Appropriations -SJ 176
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 01/22/18, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 176
• CS by Education; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 220
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 224
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 220
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/06/18, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 295
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 295
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/02/18, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 753
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 753
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 724
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/18 -SJ 967
• Retained on Special Order Calendar
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 495 (Ch. 2018-150)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.