CS/CS/SB 1598: Deployed Parent Custody and Visitation
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Judiciary ; Passidomo
Deployed Parent Custody and Visitation; Creating provisions entitled “Uniform Deployed Parents Custody and Visitation Act”; providing requirements for proceeding for custodial responsibility of a child of a servicemember; authorizing a court to grant caretaking authority or limited contact to a nonparent under certain conditions; providing for the termination of a grant of authority; authorizing a court to modify or terminate a temporary grant of custodial responsibility, etc.
Last Action: 3/6/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1217 (Ch. 2018-69) -SJ 747
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security (MS)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Rules -SJ 180
• Introduced -SJ 180
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/25/18, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 227
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security -SJ 227
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 02/01/18, 11:30 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 234
• Favorable by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 257
• Now in Rules -SJ 257
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/07/18, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 337
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 340
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 337
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/18 -SJ 771
• Read 2nd time -SJ 747
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 1217 -SJ 747
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1217 (Ch. 2018-69) -SJ 747
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.