HB 247: Vessel Registration
GENERAL BILL by Ausley
Vessel Registration; Authorizes DHSMV to issue electronic certificate of registration for vessel & use electronic mail for certain purposes; authorizes vessel operator to present such electronic certificate for inspection under certain circumstances.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 House - Died in Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 27
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee, 11/15/17, 10:30 am, 116 Knott Building
• Favorable by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 254
• Now in Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 254
• Introduced -HJ 27
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.