CS/HB 421: Homestead Waivers
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Berman ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Pritchett
Homestead Waivers; Provides language that may be used to waive spousal homestead rights concerning devise restrictions.
Last Action: 3/5/2018 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 512 (Ch. 2018-22) -HJ 901
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; Agriculture and Property Rights Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 38
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee, 12/06/17, 4:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 259
• Now in Agriculture and Property Rights Subcommittee -HJ 259
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Property Rights Subcommittee, 01/09/18, 1:00 pm, 12 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 38
• Favorable by Agriculture and Property Rights Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 262
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 262
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/15/18, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 606
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 603
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 613
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 835
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Substituted CS/SB 512 -HJ 901
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 512 (Ch. 2018-22) -HJ 901
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.