SB 640: Consumer Finance Loans
GENERAL BILL by Rouson
Consumer Finance Loans; Establishing the Access to Responsible Credit Pilot Program within the Office of Financial Regulation; prohibiting a person from certain actions relating to program loans unless the person obtains a pilot program license from the office; providing that only one pilot program license is required for a person to make program loans, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 386 (Ch. 2018-17)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 53
• Introduced -SJ 52
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/16/18, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 161
• Now in Commerce and Tourism -SJ 161
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 01/29/18, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 226
• Now in Rules -SJ 226
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/01/18, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 9 NAYS 1 -SJ 564
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 564
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 386 (Ch. 2018-17)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.