SB 750: Public Records
GENERAL BILL by Perry
Public Records; Prohibiting an agency that receives a request to inspect or copy a record from responding to such request by filing a civil action against the individual or entity making the request, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Judiciary
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 60
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 01/10/18, 9:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 59
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 5 NAYS 1 -SJ 141
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 141
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/18/18, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/13/18, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Judiciary
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.