CS/SB 1466: Protection of Vulnerable Investors
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Gibson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Broxson ; Rouson
Protection of Vulnerable Investors; Requiring securities dealers, investment advisers, and associated persons to immediately report knowledge or suspicion of abuse, neglect, or exploitation of vulnerable adults to the Department of Children and Families’ central abuse hotline; authorizing dealers and investment advisers to delay certain transactions or disbursements based on a reasonable belief of exploitation of a specified adult, etc.
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Banking and Insurance; Rules -SJ 197
• Introduced -SJ 196
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 03/25/19, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 265
• Now in Banking and Insurance
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/01/19, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 312
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 317
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Rules
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.