CS/HB 171: Infectious Disease Elimination Programs
GENERAL BILL by Health Quality Subcommittee ; Jones ; Plasencia ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Brown ; Cortes ; Davis ; Driskell ; Duran ; Eskamani ; Geller ; Gottlieb ; Grieco ; Hart ; Jacobs ; Joseph ; Leek ; Massullo ; Mercado ; Newton ; Pigman ; Polo ; Rodriguez, A.M. ; Smith, C. ; Watson, C. ; Willhite
Infectious Disease Elimination Programs; Authorizes county commission to establish sterile needle & syringe exchange program; prohibits operation of such program under certain conditions; provides requirements for operation of such program; requires collection of data & submission of reports; provides for immunity from civil liability under certain circumstances; authorizes continuation of specified pilot program under certain circumstances.
Last Action: 4/17/2019 House - Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/SB 366 -HJ 733
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Health Quality Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 34
• Introduced -HJ 34
• On Committee agenda-- Health Quality Subcommittee, 03/26/19, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Health Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 1 -HJ 522
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Health Quality Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 513
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 544
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/03/19, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Judiciary Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 583
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 583
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 04/09/19, 2:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 632
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 632
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/19
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 366 -HJ 733
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/SB 366 -HJ 733
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.