CS/CS/SB 494: Firefighters’ Bill of Rights
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Hooper ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Broxson
Firefighters’ Bill of Rights; Requiring that witnesses be interviewed and certain information be provided to a firefighter subjected to interrogation before the interrogation is conducted; prohibiting a firefighter from being threatened with certain disciplinary action during the course of an interrogation; requiring that a firefighter be notified and provided certain information before certain disciplinary actions are taken, etc.
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 67
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/05/19, 2:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 67
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 186
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/12/19, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 3 NAYS 0 -SJ 196
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 240
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/21/19, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 266
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 267
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/19 -SJ 451
• Read 2nd time -SJ 429
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 482
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 483
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.